Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mr and Mrs. Victor V. Tarassov


Well the wedding of the century took place on Sept 23, 2006 in Paoli, PA. It was a beautiful wedding. I am so grateful that I was there to celebrate my best friend's wedding. Victor you ARE the brother I never had and always wanted. You're someone I can talk to, laugh with, drink wine, and you showed me how to enjoy life. And Kathy, because you married my brother Victor, this weekend I feel like I have a new sister-in-law. During the ceremony, when you were both reciting your vows, I felt God's presence in a way that I've never experienced before, and it brought tears to my eyes. God was smiling down on you and he was saying "This is good". I never experienced God in that way before, and its something that will stay with me forever.

I loved meeting all your friends and family. I felt so welcomed and comfortable with everyone. I had an awesome time. Kathy I loved meeting your parents. Your dad reminded me of my dad. He has a twinkle in his eye, just like my dad had. And I could tell right away that he has a wonderful sense of humor, something that my dad also had. Your mom is just the sweetest lady. I know they are very proud of you. Victor, I enjoyed spending time talking with your dad and meeting your mom and your brother and Christina. I felt like I was part of the family, and I thank you for that.

The following is an American indian Wedding Prayer that I really like. I hope you like it as well.

WEDDING PRAYER

Now you will feel no pain,
For each of you will be shelter to the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
For each of you will be warmth to the other.

Now you will feel no more loneliness,
For each of you will be a constant companion to the other.

Now you are two bodies,
But there is only one life ahead of you.

Go now to your dwelling place,
To enter your days of togetherness.

No comments: