Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Post Office

I don't know how the US Post office can stay in business. They have the worst service. They can't seem to get anything, anywhere on time and they take no responsibility for their failure.
I was at the post office today, and while I was standing in line, I was listening to a man have a conversation with one of the post office clerks. Apparently he paid to have a package delivered to Texas and paid for it to be there on a certain day. Well the package wasn't delivered. So the man wanted a refund.

The clerk had a piece of paper and she was telling him that according to this piece of paper, the post office attempted to deliver the package, but no one was home. The man said there were 15 people in the house, they were waiting all day for this package, no attempt was made to deliver it. He just wanted a refund. The clerk told him that the people in Texas would have to file a claim in Texas and if Texas Post Office determined they were at fault, then paperwork would be sent to Mountain View California, for this man to get a refund. That will take forever.

The man asked the clerk if he could have a copy of this paper that she was holding, showing that a delivery attempt was made. This is where I almost went Postal. She asked the man "Did you pay for delivery confirmation?" No you didn't, so I can't give you a copy of this piece of paper. I couldn't believe it. So this is what will happen. The man will get his friends to go to the Post office in Texas and file a claim. Texas will send paperwork to Mountain View and request that piece of paper the clerk had. The clerk will send that piece of paper to Texas. Texas will decide if a refund is warranted, and send paperwork back to Mountain View Ca and then the man MIGHT get his refund. Our TAX dollars at work. No wonder they have to keep raising the postal rates.

On the other hand I shipped a package Fed Ex for a Saturday delivery. It did not arrive on Saturday, but arrived on Monday. Fed Ex gave me back all my money for that shipment, without me even asking for it.

So who will you use next time you need to ship a package???

1 comment:

v2or said...

I think I would be so cool if for a day or two everyone baned the USPS and said NO MORE nonsence. You keep up the cost but lower the service. Poor guy I can sympathize with his experence.