Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's day


Even though my dad passed away 9 years ago, he is still very close in my heart. My dad and I shared many things. We both love to work with our hands. He loved to paint and wallpaper and build things and I was right by his side. I learned a lot from him. We also shared a secret saying. When I was little, maybe 4 or 5, my dad started this game. At some point during the day he would whisper to me " I love you, I beat you." What the game was about, was to see who would say I love you first during the day. No one in the family knew what we were saying to each other, they just knew that we had something special. After I moved out on my own, we didn't play the game, but every once in a while, when we would be talking on the phone, one of us would remember to say it. My dad has been on my mind a lot lately. I know if he was still here, he would be taking care of me right now. I miss him.

I hope all father's had a wonderful day today.

No comments: