Friday, May 16, 2008

Relay walk


Each year my sister-in-law does a Cancer relay walk. She helps to raise money for cancer research. I asked her if she was collecting donations as I had not heard from her like I usually do. She sent me the following email. I think it sweet that she is dedicating her walk to me. Here is a portion of her email:

Each year I dedicate my walk to someone. My first year was Gerry...aco-worker who is a 12 year stage 4 breast cancer survivor. Second yearwas Sandy Thomas, a co-worker who died of stomach/pancreatic cancer that year. Third year was my sister-in-law LInda's sister who reached her 5 year milestone as an ovarian cancer survivor. This year, I dedicate my walk to YOU. I know you are battling more than cancer but you are an example of courage and perseverance. Most people, including me, don't really know what you are going through. We can be there to incourage,to help, to do whatever, but we are not the ones who have to live it.Keep fighting Charlene. Be agressive with your treatments. When you feel able have the bone marrow test. Do whatever you need to do to get better because the world needs you and we need you. Hopefully, the small amount of money I collect when added to the money others collect will fund research that will improve treatments for cancer. Today inthe breakroom there is a poster about a spaghetti supper being held to raise money for a 4 year old girl who has neuroblastoma. No child should have to go through this.

No comments: