Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Transfer is official


Today I received the letter that officially transferred me to a different division at work. The letter was pretty much a form letter and didn't really say very much, except the date of tranfer was on 4/9 and who my new manager is. Then there was documentation obout benefits and other stuff.

By the time I got back to my desk, I had 3 emails from my new manager. I was told she was into process improvements, which raised the hairs on the back of my neck. I have been through so many process improvements that really did nothing to improve the processes, it just made a lot of extra work to document processes and then after spending a month of writing documentation, the binder went on the shelf, never to be used again.

Well, Friday I have a 2 hour conference call training meeting on Six Sigma. Apparently this is all about metrics. You figure out what is wrong with a process, you define what you want to fix, come up with timelines and you measure the improvements. It's a lot of work. So I decided to order this book. Maybe it will give me a clue as to what I'm in for.

No comments: